Alberta SPCA Photo Contest Rules
1) The contest closes to new entries on May 31, 2018, at 11:59 p.m. MDT.
2) A maximum of three (3) photo entries are allowed per entrant. If an entrant submits more than three photos, only the first three photos submitted will be accepted.
3) Photos submitted for the calendar must include at least one animal. Landscape/horizontal format is preferred. Please ensure the photo is sharp and in focus, and of print-quality (preferred width 2400 pixels or greater).
4) The Alberta SPCA is opposed to practices that cause animals to express unnatural behaviours or discomfort or animals featured in choke or pinch collars. Photos should not feature animals performing unnatural activities, including wearing clothing or costumes.
5) The Alberta SPCA will notify entrants shortlisted for inclusion in the 2019 Alberta SPCA calendar. If a shortlisted image is too small for use in the printed calendar, the photographer will have seven (7) days to supply a version of the image that is suitable for printing as a full-page image. If an appropriate print-quality photo is not provided by the deadline, the Alberta SPCA may disqualify that photo from consideration for one of the feature spots in the calendar.
6) The Alberta SPCA reserves the right to disqualify an entry based on objectionable content or depiction of the animal in a photo.
7) All photos entered must be the original work of the entrant and must be free from any limits on publication.
8) Photos must include at least one animal and must not include people.
9) All contest entrants give permission to the Alberta SPCA to print their name and the animal’s name in the 2019 Alberta SPCA calendar. Submitted images may also be used in other Alberta SPCA publications, marketing materials or web pages with appropriate credit given to the photographer.
10) The winners of the two rounds of the voting contest will not automatically be included in the 2019 Alberta SPCA calendar. All calendar photos will be judged on an individual basis by an internal Alberta SPCA judging panel.
11) By participating in this contest, all entrants agree to being added to the Alberta SPCA mailing list. Users can opt out at any time.
Contest Terms and Conditions
Alberta Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals
17904 – 118 Ave. NW
Canada T5S 2W3
The 2018 Alberta SPCA Photo Contest (the “Contest”) closes to new entries at 11:59:59 p.m. on May 31, 2018. Information about prizes and how to enter form part of the rules of the Contest (the “Official Rules”). By submitting an entry, each entrant agrees to the Official Rules and warrants that his or her entry complies with all requirements set out in the Official Rules.
WHO MAY ENTER
This contest is open to all animal lovers.
HOW TO ENTER
The Contest is free to enter. To enter, visit http://albertaspcacalendar.ca and complete an entry form with the required information, including your name, address, telephone number and email address.
Each photo entry consists of an entry form, a single image and an upload.
By entering the Contest, all entrants grant an irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide non-exclusive license to the Authorized Parties to reproduce, distribute, display and create derivative works of the entries (along with a name credit) in connection with the Contest and promotion of the Contest, in any media now or hereafter known, including, but not limited to, display at a potential exhibition of winners, publication of a book featuring select entries in the Contest, publication in the 2019 Alberta SPCA calendar or online, highlighting entries or winners of the Contest. Entrants consent to the Sponsor doing or omitting to do any act that would otherwise infringe the entrant’s “moral rights” in their entries. Display or publication of any entry on an Authorized Party’s website does not indicate the entrant will be selected as a winner. Authorized Parties will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such use. Additionally, by entering, each entrant grants to the Authorized Parties the unrestricted right to use all statements made in connection with the Contest, and pictures or likenesses of Contest entrants, or choose not to do so, at their sole discretion. Authorized Parties will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such use.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
By entering the Contest, all entrants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless the Alberta SPCA and its partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, agents and their employees, officers, directors and representatives from any claims, losses, and damages arising out of their participation in this Contest or any Contest-related activities and the acceptance and use, misuse, or possession of any prize awarded hereunder.
The Alberta SPCA assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or delay in operation or transmission; communications line failure; theft or destruction of or unauthorized access to Contest entries or entry forms; or alteration of entries or entry forms. The Alberta SPCA is not responsible for any problems with or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, human errors of any kind, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrants’ or any other persons’ computers related to or resulting from participation, uploading or downloading of any materials related to in this Contest.
By entering, entrants also agree (a) to be bound by these Official Rules; (b) that the decisions of the Contest judges are final and binding with respect to all matters relating to the Contest; and (c) if the entrant wins, that the Sponsor may use the winning photographs and each winner’s name, photograph, likeness, and/or voice in any publicity or advertising relating to the Contest or future promotions without compensation or approval (except where prohibited by law). All federal, state/provincial/territorial, and local taxes, fees and surcharges and taxes (whether foreign or domestic, and including income, sales, and import taxes) on prizes are the sole responsibility of the prize winners. In the event that the selected winner(s) of any prize is/are ineligible, cannot be traced or does/do not respond within ten (10) days to a winner notification, as required by the “Contest Prizes” rules above, or refuses the prize, the prize will be forfeited and the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may choose whether to award the prize to another entrant.
The Sponsor reserves the right to verify the validity and originality of any entry and/or entrant (including an entrant’s identity and address) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Official Rules or who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Sponsor to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
RIGHT TO CANCEL OR SUSPEND CONTEST
If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, due to infection by computer virus, bugs, worms, trojan horses, denial of service attacks, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, the Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual(s) who tamper with the entry process, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. If the Sponsor elects to cancel or terminate the Contest, the Sponsor will not retain any rights in the submitted photographs.
Entrants agree that personal data, especially name and address, may be processed, shared and otherwise used for the purposes and within the context of the Contest and any other purposes outlined in these Official Rules. The data may also be used by the Sponsor in order to verify the participant’s identity, postal address, and telephone number or to otherwise verify the participant’s eligibility to participate in the Contest.
REMOVAL FROM MAILING LIST
Any individual (or other duly authorized person) may elect to exclude the name and address of that individual from all lists used by the Sponsor to mail any fundraising related materials.
To elect to have an individual’s name excluded from all such lists, submit a removal request in writing to: Alberta SPCA, 17904 – 118 Ave. NW, Edmonton, AB T5S 2W3. Attn: Donor Relations